The IQ-TEX is a third generation computerized visual inspection system that automatically detects, memorizes, displays and further grades defects and irregularities appearing in industrial webs.
The system integrates EVS's latest developments into the existing concept that leads the global market of Automated Web Inspection for over a decade.
The uniquely flexible hardware and software of EVS’s variety of solutions are eminently adaptable to the requirements of many types of web manufacturers, such as: In-line or Off-line, diverse resolutions, different web widths and low, medium or high speed applications.
The system is adaptable to the following applications:
- Textile (grey, technical fabrics, dyed and finished fabrics, denim and corduroy)
- Fabric for Automotive (car seat, air-bag, roofing)
- Glass fabric
- Increases product quality
- Reduces operational costs
- Maximizes product selling price
- Enables Consistent and objective grading standards
- Decreases customer’s claims
- Provides Management reports and statistical tools
Main Novel Technologies
The 3-Gen IQ-TEX system is empowered by three novel technologies that elevate the automatic visual inspection to a new performance level.
EIP - Embedded Image processing, integrates the video camera with the image processing hardware and software. With the implementation of EIP the system reliability is increased, the number of components is reduced, the installation process becomes significantly easier and the maintenance costs go down.
QST - Quick Style Tuning provides feedback from the “View Software” review to the Automated inspection instruction file. It enables rapid optimization of the inspection process of new styles, enhances the detection while minimizing over-detection.
DSA - Defect Sorting Algorithm enables better definition of defect categories for an automatic defect sorting into groups.
- Enhanced defect detection
- Easy style adjustment by the user - powered by QST
- Improved image quality enabling better utilization of “View Software”
- New defect sorting - powered by DSA
- Higher operation speed - up to 800 m/min
- Detection of defects as small as 0.1 mm
- Remote diagnostics & technical support
- Low maintenance costs